-->

Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Weather (again!)

Well, this is not looking too good. As usual, the mission is to get out of Connecticut around 2100Z and fly home to the DC area. As of a few minutes before 1900Z the radar for the northeast looks like this:
The squall line is headed northeast at 15 to 20 knots and as best I can estimate, the leading edge will be getting to KBDR just about the time I want to leave. So the present plan is to watch and wait for the evil stuff to pass over. Then I ought to be able to depart to the west.
I've already filed an IFR flight plan for the usual preferred route (vectors to SAX, thence V249 SBJ V30 ETX V39 LRP V93 BAL thence direct VKX). I'll be lucky to get out by 2200Z, and it'll be about 2:30 en route tonight, so a good chance it'll be an after-dark arrival.
Summer is waning!

No comments: