-->

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snowed in, in Virginia

Actually, it's N631S that's snowed in; not me.

We drove over to KVKX to have a look at the status of snow removal operations (we had about 7 or 8 inches of snow yesterday). On the positive side of the ledger, the runway is clear, as is the taxiway and the fueling ramp.

The bad news is that the unpaved areas in front of the hangars and around the end of the hangar row leading down to the paved taxiway are still under about 5 inches of the white stuff. And it's going to get cold tonight. My evaluation is that there is no way I can expect with confidence to get the airplane out of the hangar tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow will be a fine day to fly. But I will be on the train and N631S will stay snug in the hangar for this week. And, of course, I'll be on AmTrak next Friday as well. 'Tis pity.

No comments: